thChrch is a collaborative creative community of musicians, artists, filmmakers, and content creators.
Our mission is to bring local communities to life through the culture of music, art, and film.
We do this through four main areas of focus:
The central goal of a collaboration between thChrch and local area organizations would be to create a collaborative creative space in downtown El Paso. Through this central facility, creatives of all backgrounds would be able to come together to collaborate, learn from one another, and immerse themselves in a community of like-minded artists.
Facilities at thChrch can include (but not be limited to):
A small music studio for artists to have access to affordable studio time
An on-site staff dedicated to educating, mentoring, and assisting community members
Rentable workspace for pre- and post-production
Dedicated work spaces/desks
On-site resources (printers, books, and rentable gear)
Rentable event space
After five years of experiments in workshops, educational initiatives, content creation, and professional work, we've created a unique curriculum called thAcademy: Artist to Entrepreneur.
With our curriculum, we are able to methodically guide creatives towards building a sustainable living around their talents and skills. Through one-on-one learning based around principles in Applied Behavior Analysis, thChrch can provide specific support for any aspiring creative.
For many educational grants, one-time workshops and conventions are rarely sought after. By capturing data and showing growth over time, more grants and funding opportunities are made available to area organizations.
By immersing ourselves into the community, we'll be able to help local brands and businesses create original content of their own. In doing so, we'll be positioned to create entrepreneurial opportunities for aspiring creators. By further utilizing the power of modern digital marketing channels, El Paso can brand itself by capturing original content with their own projects.
Through specific content partnerships, we can strategically showcase aspects of El Paso that make our culture so unique. Any day of the week at thChrch will be an opportunity for unique content creation and showcasing our culture.
Artist to Entrepreneur
thAcademy is a six-week, one-on-one educational intensive course designed to help aspiring creatives build a sustainable business around their work, without having to acquire unnecessary student loan debt.
Created by a group of entertainment, multimedia, and education professionals, thAcademy is hands-on, interactive, highly individualized, and intended to provide all of the necessary tools for creating a business out of creative work.
Modules and Areas of Focus
1. Build a Sustainable Career Around Your Creative Work
- Discover how to create multiple revenue streams with your creative work and be guided through the initial first steps in starting those revenue streams
- Learn about how lawyers, certified public accountants, and business managers can and should play a role in your creative work
- Create your own website for your work and portfolio
2. Establish Financial Independence
- Create a personalized zero-based budget based on your unique financial situation
- Create a long-term investment and retirement strategy
- Learn your credit score, identify which specific factors are contributing to it, and start to build your credit (even if you have none)
3. Create Your Own Degree and Become an Autodidact
- Create your own degree for any area of study you choose
- Understand how learning works and utilize strategies to study better and practice smarter
- Learn research-based strategies to teach yourself anything
4. Market Your Work and Build Your Audience
- Create your own comprehensive marketing plan and execution timeline for a product of your own
- Learn the best strategies of digital marketing, including Facebook Ads, Instagram Ads, YouTube, Twitter, and email marketing
5. Time Management and Professional Productivity
- Organize your projects, responsibilities, and goals into specific, time-bound tasks
- Implement personal systems to stay organized and consistent in the completion of your projects
- Learn to create a comprehensive execution timeline for any large project you choose to take on
- Create an individualized workflow for all of your projects, goals, and plans
6. Work Like the 1%
- Learn and adopt strategies for dealing with stress, anxiety, and nerves
- Explore techniques for maximizing creative output and developing personal style/voice
- Create routines to ensure maximum daily productivity and execution
- Learn effective decision-making strategies
- Adopt the research-based principles of effective practice and accelerated learning
Online Video Courses
Entrepreneur to Artist