HANDS-ON LEARNING, REAL-LIFE EXPERIENCE
The Holyfield Music Academy is a six-week music intensive for high school seniors and college freshmen that is designed to provides students with practical musical production skills, financial proficiency, professional and business skills, and real-life experience.
Led by our two education directors Gabe Fernandez and Fred Chavira, M. Ed., B.C.B.A., our curriculum is designed to accelerate the learning process while providing meaningful interactions between students and working professionals in the music and creative industry.
CURRICULUM AND LEARNING OBJECTIVES
The six-weeks of The Holyfield Music Academy cover three major content areas:
- Electronic Music Production
- Electronic Music Theory
- Music Business
Content workshops will be held twice weekly from 5:00pm to 7:00pm. In addition, thChrch and all related resources will be available Monday - Saturday at the discretion of the student and site managers.
While a great deal of learning happens within the workshops, the most meaningful learning at The Holyfield Music Academy happens during collaborative work hours. Not only do students attend the following workshops, but also work collaboratively alongside the very same working industry professionals who taught them. In our previous intensive, students repeatedly stated that the collaborative aspect of the intensive -- getting to work directly with real industry professionals -- was the most impactful on their learning.
The 12 workshops of the intensive are as follows:
WEEKS 1 and 2 - ELECTRONIC MUSIC PRODUCTION
- Beats, Sketches, and Curating Ideas
- Analyzing, Deconstructing, Recomposing, and Assembling
- Synthesis, Original Sound Creation, Recording, and Sampling
- Advanced Sound Creation and Advanced Effect Processing
WEEKS 3 and 4 - ELECTRONIC MUSIC THEORY
- Music Foundations Level 1: Pads and Rhythmic Theory
- Music Foundations Level 2: Melodic and Harmonic Theory
- Music Foundations Level 3: Electronic Music Appreciation - History, Development, and Future
WEEKS 5 and 6 - MUSIC BUSINESS
- Building a Career (Freelancing, Agency, and Salary)
- Building Relationships and Win-Win Networking
- Independent vs Corporate Work
- Budgeting, Invoicing, Rates, and Personal Finance
- Building a Website, Social Media, and YouTube
TUITION COST: $4,000
OUR KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
thChrch was founded by a group of education, entertainment, and multimedia professionals whose work spans over 40 years of combined experience in:
- Music education
- Music performance
- Live art installations
- Live music events
- Corporate events
- Instructor 1 - Bio
- Instructor 2 - Bio
- Instructor 3 - Bio
- Instructor 4 - Bio
- Instructor 5 - Bio
- Instructor 6 - Bio
- Gabe - Bio
- Fred - Bio
At thChrch, our mission is to bring local communities through life to the culture of music, art, and film. Through programs like The Holyfield Academy, thChrch is able to provide workshops, classes, and individualized instructional lessons for all members of the El Paso community, regardless of income.
We hope you'll join us in achieving this mission.