thAcademy is a six-week, one-on-one educational intensive course designed to help aspiring creatives build a sustainable business around their work, without having to acquire unnecessary student loan debt.
Created by a group of entertainment, multimedia, and education professionals, thAcademy is hands-on, interactive, highly individualized, and intended to provide all of the necessary tools for creating a business out of creative work.
CURRICULUM AND LEARNING OBJECTIVES
The six weeks of thAcademy include 12 one-on-one sessions covering the following areas.
1. Build a Sustainable Career Around Your Creative Work
- Discover how to create multiple revenue streams with your creative work and be guided through the initial first steps in starting those revenue streams
- Learn about how lawyers, certified public accountants, and business managers can and should play a role in your creative work
- Create your own website for your work and portfolio
3. Create Your Own Degree and Become an Autodidact
- Create your own degree for any area of study you choose
- Understand how learning works and utilize strategies to study better and practice smarter
- Learn research-based strategies to teach yourself anything
5. Time Management and Professional Productivity
- Organize your projects, responsibilities, and goals into specific, time-bound tasks
- Implement personal systems to stay organized and consistent in the completion of your projects
- Learn to create a comprehensive execution timeline for any large project you choose to take on
- Create an individualized workflow for all of your projects, goals, and plans
2. Establish Financial Independence
- Create a personalized zero-based budget based on your unique financial situation
- Create a long-term investment and retirement strategy
- Learn your credit score, identify which specific factors are contributing to it, and start to build your credit (even if you have none)
4. Market Your Work and Build Your Audience
- Create your own comprehensive marketing plan and execution timeline for a product of your own
- Learn the best strategies of digital marketing, including Facebook Ads, Instagram Ads, YouTube, Twitter, and email marketing
6. Work Like the 1%
- Learn and adopt strategies for dealing with stress, anxiety, and nerves
- Explore techniques for maximizing creative output and developing personal style/voice
- Create routines to ensure maximum daily productivity and execution
- Learn effective decision-making strategies
- Adopt the research-based principles of effective practice and accelerated learning
TUITION COST: $2,997
HANDS-ON LEARNING + REAL-LIFE EXPERIENCE
While a great deal of learning happens within the workshops, the most meaningful learning at thAcademy happens during collaborative work hours and additional one-one-one instruction and mentorship from working professionals.
Not only do students receive the curriculum -- they also work collaboratively alongside the very same working industry professionals who taught them. Each student is given an opportunity to work directly with a professional creative in their field weekly.
Additionally, our facilities and all relevant resources will be available throughout the six-week course from Monday through Saturday at the discretion of the student and site managers.
It is during this time that students are able to ask questions directly to full-time working creatives, work on projects directly with experienced industry professionals, and collaborate with other students on projects, all with the support and guidance of thChrch community.
INTERESTED IN BECOMING A SPONSOR? Visit our Sponsorship Page to learn more.
At thChrch, our mission is to bring local communities through life to the culture of music, art, and film.
Through programs like thChrch Academy, thChrch is able to provide workshops, classes, and individualized instructional lessons for all members of the El Paso community, regardless of income.
We hope you'll join us in achieving this mission.